Junior Specialist Recruitment/Appointment
Recruitment of Junior Specialists
All searches must be done via Recruit in order to ensure compliance of fair hiring practices.
Search Plans must be review by the following before search can begin:
- Department Chair
- Dean's office analyst
- Associate Dean for your unit
Please note: a minimum of 15 days for posting. Conflict of Interest Form is needed for each search.
Once search is complete, departments submit a shortlist report for approval and identify candidates selected to interview. The routing is the same as search plan approval. When the shortlist plan has been approved, the department may proceed with interview process as outlined in approved search plan. Once a candidate has been identified as proposed candidate, department submits a search report for review/approval, the routing is the same a search plan approval. Once the search report has been reviewed/approved, department may proceed with appointment process.
Please consult with your College Personnel Analyst for direction for pool recruitments.
Search waivers are possible under certain conditions (waivers are requested through RECRUIT)
- Emergency Hires: Two months appointments are possible, however search must be conducted during the two months, emergency hire candidate may apply for position.
- Spousal/Partner Hire; recruitment/retention of a senate member or member of senior management group.
- Continuation of Training: Candidate is trainee of campus (undergraduate/graduate) who will remain for a short period of time to complete project. Search waiver may not exceed 18 months.
- Research Team: Candidate is part of existing research for a NEW FACULTY MEMBER, waiver may be in effect as long as they remain with same research team and in the same series.
New appointments and Reappointments with a step change (Step 1 to Step 2)
New appointment/reappointments with step change will be submitted in MIV for review/approval.
Dossier to include the following:
- Action Form
- Brief department letter (recommendation: PI to write letter addressed to Department Chair requesting appointment, department chair signs letter to concur.)
- Biography Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Position Description
Reappointment with NO Step change, Percentage Increases and Request for Exception reappointment beyond 24 month limit
Departments will complete Request for Reappointment Form and submit to dean's office for approval via email. The form should include a position description. Once approved, College Personnel analyst will forward approved reappointment form to department. Department will forward to employee.
Dean's Office Resources
- Jr. Specialist Recruitment Workflow
- CA&ES Jr. Specialist Appointment Checklist
- CA&ES Jr. Specialist Reappointment Checklist
- Request for Reappointment (no step change) Form