Cooperative Extension Advisor - Assistant to Associate Level
Jan 19, 2016 09:10 AM
Feb 22, 2016 09:10 PM
|Contact Name||Karen Ellsworth|
|Contact Phone||(530) 750-1284|
The University of California’s division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) seeks an academic advisor to conduct a multicounty- based extension, education, and applied research program providing leadership to the University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) low-income nutrition education programs funded by the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (a SNAP-Ed Program).
We seek an advisor who will:
- Provide academic leadership for two federally funded nutrition education programs targeted toward low-income families and youth (namely EFNEP and UC CalFresh Nutrition Education). Supervise the UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program Manager, who is responsible for managing, directing, and leading program development, evaluation, and delivery for three program supervisors, a fiscal support person, and 21 staff. Supervise a nutrition educator and ensure the programmatic success of EFNEP focusing on Hmong communities.
- Conduct a comprehensive communitywide NFCS needs assessments and monitor trends and issues to identify priority community needs.
- Develop and implement applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
- Evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results, and potential or actual impacts to scientific and lay audiences through a variety of outreach methods.
- Interact with others within UC ANR’s research/extension network (such as the UC ANR Youth, Families and Communities Statewide Program, UC ANR Program Teams, CE specialists, CE advisors, Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) faculty, and others) to participate in extension and applied research activities, and to develop, strengthen, and expand the local delivery of statewide programs at the local level.
- Maintain and promote UC ANR CE’s credibility and visibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with county government partners, health agencies, policy makers, and community organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
- May participate in the UC Master Food Preserver Program or other family consumer science activities after becoming established in their programmatic and research responsibilities.
For information about UC ANR, the rich breadth of program scope and delivery, and how we are making a difference in California, candidates are invited to visit our Web site: http://ucanr.edu/
This is an academic career track appointment with the following requirements:
- A minimum of a master's degree or other advanced degree in nutrition, health education, human development or a closely related field.
- Must possess an understanding of nutrition through academic training and/or professional experience with the ability to transfer research-based principles to program design and research design methodologies.
- Professional experience in program and personnel management and academic training and/or professional experience in program design and research methodologies
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Possessing the ability to apply low-literacy and cultural/ethnic principles to program-research design and community collaboration and bilingual communication skills in Spanish or an Asian language are highly desirable attributes.
Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant to Associate Advisor Rank, and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For UC Benefits information visit the UC Benefits Web site: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/. For position announcement containing list of required Academic Application Packet content, visit http://ucanr.edu/jobs or contact
Karen Ellsworth at [email protected] or call (530) 750-1284 and refer to position listing AP#14-21. Apply by February 22, 2016 to assure full consideration.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.