Postdoctoral Fellow In Weed Science
Jul 15, 2016
from 03:55 PM to 03:55 PM
The postdoctoral position will actively participate in a project to study red rice biology and management in California rice. The successful applicant will be responsible for implementing greenhouse and field research to understand growth and development of red rice. In addition, the successful applicant will develop integrated red rice management program for California rice. The applicant will conduct research to determine the long-term effects of cultural practices and environmental conditions on red rice infestation in water-seeded rice. The applicant will conduct research under controlled conditions and also on grower fields through collaboration with weed scientists, plant breeders and farm advisors. The successful applicant will be responsible to publish research in referee journals and present work at grower meetings. The position is based at the Rice Experiment Station at Biggs, CA.
- Recent Ph.D. degree in weed science or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in weed biology, seed dormancy and conducting field research.
- Skilled in project management and field equipment’s.
- Well-versed in the statistical methods and software for data analysis.
- Able to work both independently and in teams.
- Skilled in experimental design. Effective communicator (written and verbal).
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full time position 1 year with the possibility of renewal based on funding and satisfactory performance.
To apply please send resume to Kassim Al-Khatib at [email protected]
UC Davis is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and is dedicated to recruiting a diverse community. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply, including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.