Junior Specialist – Small Grain Crops
Mar 21, 2016 04:35 PM
Apr 09, 2016 12:00 AM
The Department of Plant Sciences is recruiting for a Jr. Specialist. This position will be in charge of data acquisition and management for research calibrating plant and soil sensing devices to variations in nitrogen (N) fertilizer management in small grain crops. The work has both field and lab components and involves planning for and carrying out plant and soil sampling, constituent analysis in a laboratory setting, use of novel technology, and data management. The junior specialist will also assist in creating written summaries and presentations related to the experimental work.
The work will require occasional overnight travel to field sites in remote areas of the California.
- Bachelor's Degree in Soil Sciences or related field
- Excellent skills in MS Excel
- Some background in analytical chemistry and associated laboratory methods
- Driver's License and the ability to drive a vehicle
- Experience with data loggers and other scientific equipment, and database management are preferred
Position will start June 2016 through December 2016, with the possibility of extension based on funding.
Salary: $3082/month (pro-rated based on percent time)
To apply, please go click on the link below (or copy and paste into browser)
Application closing date: 04/08/2016