Appointment of a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR)
Graduate Student Researcher appointments are governed by Academic Personnel Manual UCD Appendix II-B. A GSR is a graduate student who performs research related to the student’s degree program. GSRs with a 25% or greater appointment are entitled to full fee remission during the regular academic year.
Eligibility Requirements during regular academic year (Fall, Winter, Spring):
- Must be registered in a minimum of 12 units during the entire period of appointment.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and be in good academic standing.
- Any single appointment or combination of appointments normally is not to exceed half-time (50%) during the academic year. Any single appointment may not be less than 25%.
- Full-time graduate students in good academic standing who are not international students on an F1 or J1 visa are eligible to be appointed up to a maximum of 75% time.
Eligibility Requirements during summer:
- Must be a continuing graduate student
- Incoming graduate students may be hired if they have filed a Statement of Intent to Register.
Standard dates of appointment are:
- Fall quarter: 10/1 to 12/31
- Winter quarter: 1/1 to 3/31
- Spring quarter: 4/1 to 6/30
- Summer: 7/1 to 9/30