REEport Progress Report Accomplishments
At the beginning of this screen in REEport you will see a listing of the "major goals of this project." This list is prepopulated with the goals entered for the project in Project Initiation. If you are filling out this section of the template, it may be helpful to refer to the Goals section of the Project Initiation for the project.
What was accomplished under the major goals of this project?
- Major activities completed
- Specific objectives met
- Significant results achieved, including major findings, developments, or conclusions (both positive and negative)
- Key outcomes or other accomplishments realized
Remember that key outcomes/accomplishments are defined as changes in knowledge, action, or condition.
A change in knowledge occurs when the participant (scientist, trainee, or citizen) learns or becomes aware.
- Examples of a change in new fundamental or applied knowledge significant enough to be included in a publication; methods and techniques; policy knowledge; improved skills; or increased knowledge of decision-making, life skills, and positive life choices among youth and adults.
A change in action occurs when there is a change in behavior or the participants act upon what they have learned (adoption of techniques and methods or a change in practice).
- Examples of a change in actions include: application and actual use of fundamental or applied knowledge; adoption of new or improved skills; direct application of information from publications; adoption and use of new methods or improved technologies; use of skills by youth and adults in making informed choices; adoption of practical policy and use of decision-making knowledge.
A change in condition occurs when a societal condition is changed due to a participant's action.
- Examples of a change in conditions include: development of human resources; physical, institutional, and information resources that improve infrastructure technology transfer; management and behavioral changes and adjustments; quantified changes in descriptive statistics (trade balance, export sales, etc.); better and less expensive animal health; changes in conditions (e.g., wages, health care benefits, etc.) of the agricultural workforce; higher productivity in food provision; quantified changes in quality-of-life for youth and adults in rural communities; safer food supply; reduced obesity rates and improved nutrition and health; or higher water quality (e.g., increased water clarity) and a cleaner environment (e.g., measurably reduced pollution).
NOTE: Include a discussion of stated goals not yet met. As the project progresses, the emphasis in reporting in this section should shift from reporting activities to reporting accomplishments (such as in later Progress Reports or in the Final Report of this project).
Describe opportunities for training and professional development provided to anyone who worked on the project or anyone who was involved in the activities supported by the project.
- Training activities are those in which individuals with advanced professional skills and experience assist others in attaining greater proficiency. Training activities may include, for example, courses or one-on-one work with a mentor.
- Professional development activities result in increased knowledge or skill in one’s area of expertise and may include workshops, conferences, seminars, study groups, and individual study. Include participation in conferences, workshops, and seminars not listed under major activities.
If the research is not intended to provide training and professional development opportunities or there is nothing significant to report during this reporting period, click the "nothing to report" box.
How have the results been disseminated to communities of interest?
Describe how the results have been disseminated to communities of interest. Include any outreach activities that have been undertaken to reach members of communities who are not usually aware of these research activities for the purpose of enhancing public understanding and increasing interest in learning and careers in science, technology, and the humanities.
What do you plan to do during the next reporting period to accomplish the major goals?
Describe briefly what you plan to do during the next reporting period to accomplish the goals and objectives.
If there are no changes to the agency-approved application or plan for this effort (i.e. nothing was submitted through the "project change" module), click the box for "nothing to report."