REEport Project Initiation Instructions
For initiation of New and Continued Hatch (H),
Hatch/Multistate (RR), or Animal Health (AH) projects
Project Initiation is the report that must be submitted to NIFA in order for any non-formula or formula project to become officially active.
Please use the Project Initiation template to get project information from the PI:
Follow these steps to initiate a project in REEport:
- Log into REEport at: http://portal.nifa.usda.gov/
- Click "REEport (SAES - UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT DAVIS)"
- Click “Project Initiation” button
- Click “Create a New Project” button or find your project in the "Draft" folder.
- Select Funding Source:
- Choose the funding type of the new or continued project
- If you choose “Hatch Multistate” you will also need to choose the Multistate project number
- Click “Next” and fill out each of the following pages with the information from the template (every time you move to a new page, progress from previous pages is saved):
- Once you have entered all pages, click “Save” (do not click “Submit for Review”)
- After Peer-Review Certification is complete, email the following documents to the AES Analyst for your department for internal review and submission to NIFA: