International Student Advising
Welcome to the College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences! CA&ES has an International Academic Counselor dedicated to helping international students regardless of year or major. Your International Academic Counselor is Brad Horton.
New International Students
Are you a new international student? If so, you can find important information about how to prepare for your first quarter here: New International Student Information.
Your International Academic Counselor can assist you with:
- Degree and General Education requirements
- Course planning for your first year
- How to Change Majors
- Academic policies, regulations and petitions
- Options if you are having academic difficulty
- Advising holds that prevent course registration
- How the University grading system works and classroom expectations
- Transfer credit for Out-of-State courses, AP/IB credit, A-level exams, etc.
- Resources on campus and any question about academics at UC Davis
Mandatory Advising Sessions
All first year international students have mandatory advising Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. These sessions are required. They are designed to give you a chance to ask questions and to provide you with the information and resources you need to be successful and reach your goals at UC Davis.
Academic Advising Appointments
The International Academic Counselor is available for individual appointments and small-group appointments throughout the entire year. Appointments for current students can be scheduled online: https://appointments.ucdavis.edu
We also encourage you to use OASIS, the Online Advising Student Information System. Here you can find information specific to you, including:
- Student Information
- Important Dates and Appointments
- Drop deadlines and Pass/No Pass deadlines
- Academic Record
- Courses (including transfer coursework)
- General Education requirements you have completed
- GPA Charts and Tools
For additional information and resources please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions by International Students page.