Aug 09, 2013 admin
If you’re interested in multiple areas of study but don’t want to commit to completing multiple majors, consider declaring a minor in one or more programs.

About minors

A minor can be a great way to pursue an interdisciplinary or area-specific course of study. You can develop skills outside your major, investigate potential career paths or simply indulge a personal interest. Minors consist of 18 to 24 units of upper-division coursework. Because a minor requires fewer courses to complete than a full major, you may even want to pursue more than one.

Benefits of having a minor

Minors are especially beneficial if you plan to pursue a career in a specific industry, but also want to make sure you develop general academic or employment skills. For example, if you’re interested in management and the technology industry, you might choose to major in managerial economics and minor in computer science; or if a career in diplomacy is your goal, you could major in international relations and minor in a foreign language.

Expand your horizons — meet with an adviser early in your course of study to see if a minor might be right for you.

Minors offered by CA&ES

College Spotlight

Living Laboratory

Jan 25, 2017 Homegrown experts help clean and beautify Arboretum Waterway

College Spotlight - More College Spotlight…
Student News

Constructing California

Apr 17, 2017 Picnic Day features a topographical Lego map of California

Student News - More Student News…
Research News

UC Davis Receives Unique, $1.5 Million Gift from Aggie Couple

Jul 07, 2016 Michael and Joelle Hurlston have pledged $1.5 million to endow a first-of-its-kind chair position.

Research News - More Research News…
Outreach News

Summer Internships

Jul 28, 2015 CA&ES students and Salinas Valley employers find common ground.

Outreach News - More Outreach News…
Student resources

Tour our campus

Request a brochure

Apply to UC Davis

Web Editors

Content in this section is managed by UAP & Dominique Beaumonte. If you have any suggestions or need something changed, please contact her at